Background

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Peace continued...

Do you ever struggle with peace, like me? It is almost a daily struggle for me, a moment to moment struggle sometimes. I have spoken about it before. But I have hope. It is a fight I plan to win. My new lifestyle of simplicity helps in that I am not rushing places as much and have more time to relax and stress less about daily things, but it also means I have more time to think... and that is not always a good thing! An idle mind ain't good. I believe the mind is a muscle and I also believe that if we do not control and harness our minds, our minds will control us. 

I thought of sharing this because I am feeling strong and am fighting at the moment in this issue with vigor. I'm extra focused on taking my mind and subjecting it to the authority and peace of God. When I have an anxious thought or feeling rise up, I am taking control and deciding not to indulge in it. I am choosing to have peace over it. A lot of the ideas I have on this topic come from a good book from Joyce Meyer. If you have trouble with obtaining and maintaining peace, I can recommend this book: Battlefield of the Mind. It is scripture based and directed well to address different problems we face with our mind.

I am also consolidating the scriptures I find on peace in a notebook; promises from God, that as a Christian, I have the right to claim, for I am called to live a greater life. A life of joy! ... and I don't want anyone, any thing, or any thought to steal it from me. My Lord gave me my life, and I intend to live & enjoy it to the best of my ability. Here is a great scripture that I love on this topic:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."
Phillipians 4:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...