Background

Saturday 27 October 2012

Life through my children's eyes

Sometimes I like to think through the events of the day through the eyes of  my children. I will pick one of them and then replay some of the conversations and things that we did, imagining I was the little innocent he/she is, and wonder what it was like for them. What did he or she experience? What must he or she been thinking or feeling? I imagine being small, behaving as he or she did, responding to me or what we were doing or seeing. Was I  respecting and valuing them and what he or she had to say or was I in a rush, not listening to them?

It is an interesting thing to do. Often it is fun, and more often than not it softens me more towards them. It reminds me to view them as real individuals with feelings and ideas and personalities that are young and innocent and vulnerable. Little grown-ups in the making, worthy of respect and time and love from their mum.

1 comment:

  1. Naomi I just stumbled across this post and I absolutely love this idea. Thanks so much for sharing it, I'm definitely going to try it - regularly - from now on. The way you love your kids is inspiring, if I can be even half as patient and thoughtful a mum as you sound like you are, my kids will be very blessed. Keep it up lovely girl.
    Love Sare. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...