Background

Monday 5 September 2011

The past 10 days or so....

I have been totally consumed with Jane Eyre! What a great, great, great classical book by Charlotte Bronte. I highly, highly recommend it to all. It suits all ages, although I don't imagine I would have read it as a teenager (I wasn't a reader growing up so I hardly read anything beyond magazines). It is an enjoyable read and a great romance story. I don't know what else to say without spoiling it. I recommend it to all!

As I hinted above I am a newcomer to enjoying a life of reading. I want to be a good reader and take more pleasure in reading... and I want that for my children too, and I think that will come if I master the art and become a lover of good books first. I know I need to set the example and live it! So, this past two or so weeks has been delightful... and costly of a few hours sleep, but well worth it. I am on my way to being a good reader :) I want to read good books though. I love romance but find I have to look to the old classics to find pure, clean romance. It's been so nice to wander around my normal day with my head swirling with the characters and what was happening in the book. What an indulgence! So that's what I've been up to. What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...