Background

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Thankful

Sometimes I get caught up in thankfulness to the Lord. I am so thankful I was born in Australia. A free country where I am safe and live to a very high standard. I am thankful that I have never gone to bed at night hungry with the exception of one time which I will talk about in my next post because it is a funny story of God's providence (well Westley and I think it is funny because it was pretty horrible at the time and we like to recall it as one of our darkest mealtimes). I am thankful that me, Westley and my children have had good health. I am thankful that despite our worst decisions and poor financial management in our early years of marriage we never had to declare bankruptcy (we came very close!). I have always had my needs met. I have two loving families to go to when in need (mine and Westley's). I grew up in a safe environment and was born into a Christian family. I struck gold by finding the perfect best friend at just 18 years old and choosing to defy everything and wed him before turning 19. I just can not number all the ways I have been blessed over the years. God has been very good to me. He has held me in the palm of his hands. I have asked him to be good to me; to bless me and make his face shine upon me. Sometimes people think of God as this mean, angry God, just waiting to pass judgement at any time. It is true that God is firm, and can show his anger, but oh how good he is too. He loves to give us good gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...