Background

Monday 1 August 2011

Desperate to create - part 2

Oh dear, I am so slack, I realised about midnight last night that I still have not uploaded pics of my sewing project. Here are a few snaps from the day! Please excuse the quality, they were taken on my iphone, which is kinda hit and miss.

First up, we have the fabric (free! thanks Mum, and my new purchase - tailors chalk and matching thread - Mum says to always buy the big reels of thread as they work out cheaper in the long run - chalk and thread cost about $10 for both).

One of these days I'll learn how to orientate the pics to landscape. Westley, can you please help me with this?

Here we have our first sewing lesson. Don't you just love impromptu lessons? This is Sunshine learning to press the pedal while spooling the bobbin.



The finished product got the thumbs-up! Project success! One happy daughter :)



So in the end I kind of just used a measuring tape for straight lines, pins, and a bowl for the neckline (learnt that on a Martha Stewart episode). Then I just fumbled my way through. It took me about 3 hours. It is no great masterpiece, but it looks fine, is warm, Sweet-pea loves it and I got more experience. One big learning I took from it is that I didn't allow enough room under her arms. Sweet-pea is a skinny-mini so I thought I had, and was surprised to see just how much room we need under there. So, always allow lots of room under the arms. Or just follow a pattern ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...