Background

Friday 17 February 2012

The simple woman's daybook

This is my first daybook entry... I spotted these first on another blog and enjoyed reading them, so I thought you might enjoy reading mine...

Outside my window...
it is gloomy and cool. This has been a weird summer, but nice.

I am thinking...
that I should really read more Beatrix Potter to the girls.

I am thankful...
it is Friday. A restful day and we have no pressure on us for today except dancing for the girls this afternoon.

In the kitchen...

it is a mess :( oh my goodness, I haven't thought much about food for today. Probably gluten-free sausages as they are a hit with Mr Harrison. I got our groceries delivered this week and it was brilliant! While slightly more expensive, I enjoyed just ordering the seasonal box of vegetables and fruit so I didn't have to make decisions. Last night we had steak and stir-fried red and green capsicum and onions with a splash of tamari. It was so good, minimal fuss and I so would not have picked those veges up on my own, so it is nice to have the decision made for me :) 

I am wearing...

my pyjamas... I said it was a restful day today ;)

I am creating...

my first daybook entry ;) but I here is where I tell you that I've got grand plans for a patchwork quilt for mine & Westley's bed. I bought the beautiful fabric at a store that was closing down so it was half price. I've not made a quilt before, but I just want a basic square design. I'm hoping I can figure it out. I borrowed a book at the library which has been helpful so far. I have washed and ironed the fabric and bought the thread. Maybe I will progress more on the weekend as I really want it done before my new babe arrives.

I am going...

to get out of my pyjamas and let Sunshine have the computer.

I am reading...
  • Rachel's Garden by Marta Perry. It is an Amish fiction story, I read the first one, Leah's Choice and really enjoyed the 'clean' romance and learning about Amish life.
  • Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method by Marie Mongan thanks to a kind friend who gave it to me. I have read it before, most of it twice, but need a refresher so I can be a confident, calm birther by June ;)
  • I'm also following the 100 days Essential Jesus bible reading plan in the YouVersion app in my iPhone. I've found it great for giving me snippets of gold to think about (and therefore retain!) as some days are just a few verses. 
I am hoping...
For more energy so I can achieve all I want to achieve around the home.

I am looking forward to...

my first yoga class at the gym tomorrow and dinner with two girlfriends friends who I have not seen in a long time! Oh, and it's Friday so Escape to the Country is on - I love watching and dreaming about living in a snug cottage in the English countryside.   

I am learning...

to teach Sunshine to read. This is the first time I've gone through this as Sunshine is our first to enter our home education program ;), it has been a journey but this week we hit a milestone and Sunshine read her first book. I'm stoked!

Around the house...

I have been working on the laundry! Sorting it out, making it tidy, getting the huge pile of dirty things down. My huge win this week was figuring out how to re-jig the small room to permanently accommodate our clothes horse so hubby can have his office looking clean and inspiring again.

I am pondering...

the time... good grief! what happened to my morning?

One of my favorite things...

pretty much all things Peter Rabbit (by Beatrix Potter). Sweet stories, and I love that Harrison has been asking for the Peter Rabbit dvd to go on regularly, and the Peter Rabbit book because I am hopeing he will love the sweet stories and drawings too!

A few plans for the rest of the week...

back to the gym baby! ...and normal, normal life. Ballet this afternoon, and a few errands tomorrow and girls night out dinner tomorrow. Should make church on Sunday. Next week I will see another close friend I have not seen in about a year. Oh and the new homeschool playgroup I have started attending. I'm looking forward to that! It is so nice to be around other people in person who have made the same educational choices as me.

You can find out more about participating in The simple woman's daybook, by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your first daybook. Thank you for joining the fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rose :) I like your name - it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...