Background

Thursday 16 February 2012

I joined a gym!

Guess what friends? I joined a gym for the first time in my life. It had always been a luxury out of my reach but I was finally able to justify it, so yay! I can get fit. I've been feeling like my body is falling apart and I know that I am in my prime. 30 years old, I should be looking my best, feeling my best and it ain't no excuse for me to think that I'm into my fourth pregnancy in six years. Pregnancy or no pregnancy, I'm 30 and I want to feel like it. So I bit the bullet (while the joining fee was zero) and signed myself up for 12 months. I found a good women's gym five minutes down the road that had a good atmosphere (I have to want to go there!).

I have a bit of experience with exercising while pregnant so I'm not going to do anything crazily intense, my intentions are to just walk on the treadmill a few times a week, maybe some light weights on my arms and a weekly yoga class (or two). I'm excited! Excited to feel good and hopefully I will be in my best state to give birth in June... and get back in shape again after my post-birth rest is over. I'm also hoping this will provide me with peaceful time each day just to myself, sowing into my health, which I am also hoping, will make me a better wife and Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...