Background

Sunday 31 July 2011

A peaceful Sunday morning

Today is Sunday. Church day. It was lovely. Was woken at 7am by our new ritual of the radio alarm. Westley was totally excited a few minutes later when he realised it was actually Sunday and not Monday - that like, n-e-v-e-r happens to us! A few minutes later he was asleep again. Sunshine and Sweet-pea came in shortly after that and asked permission to go on the computer. I like that because they are quiet and won't wake my Harrison, who I still consider my baby baby even though he is 18 months. Got out of bed, turned the heater up - it is cold in the morning. Put the kettle on and went back to bed. Sunday mornings on the radio are really good - a gardening show. We have just moved into a new house with a huge garden and we are totally excited to develop green thumbs and learn how to keep a garden and grow vegetables. Kettle has boiled so I get out of bed and make a cup of tea for me and Westley and return to bed. Westley sleeps still. I sit and enjoy the peace until Harrison wakes up. Around 8am he is awake and ready for his milk. I get him and return to bed where we snuggle back in and I breastfeed him. Westley remains asleep. 10 minutes later and Harrison is ready to get up and tackle the day. I get up too and grab some breakfast for us all. Yoghurt and strawberries - yummy... Westley is awake now and finished his tea. I choose nice clothes for the children to get dressed for church. Politely ask if Westley will dress Harrison while I shower. Then I casually shower and get ready for church. Family is ready now too so we head off. Church is a nice 5 minutes drive away and we slip in a bit late. Pastor Barry was preaching, he is so full of life it is inspiring. Message from the sermon, we are all different. Only I can be the best me, only you can be the best you. So refreshing!!

... and that was my Sunday morning. It was nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...